Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!!!

Easter weekend was a lot of fun and a lot of work!  All my kids were home and my dad and sister came too.  I did a LOT of cooking!  but it was so nice to have the family together.  Here is my DD1, Shelby with my dad.  He sure looks great for an 81 year old guy, huh?  She loves him and he adores her too.

She was so happy to be home and to be with her family again.  She quit her job in IN to move back and will be living with my dad and my sister while she returns to school at Grand Valley State University in the summer.  She will be looking for an apt with her old roommate but for a short time she will be living with them.  You can see that my sister is thrilled!  She loves Shelby so much and could not be happier that she will be at their house for however long it ends up being!  (My sister has CP and lives at home with my dad).
Here is DD2, Kelsey with my sister.
Now all the cats thought it was just wonderful that I brought in fresh greenery for them to eat!  How thoughtful am I??  Here is Mosen guarding the flowers from the "others".
I was hard at work on TUQ this weekend and finished the top!!!  Aiden was "helping" as cats are wont to do.  As I was putting the last border on DD2 came by and asked if it was TUQ that I was working on and could she see it?  Well, she LOVED it and wants to keep it, ugh!!!  I guess it will have to be hers now.  Darn it, I almost had my raffle quilt done and gone before one of my girls claimed it.  Maybe next time!
Can you believe it?  Nineteen years old and still wants to dye Easter Eggs???  I made 18 of them and we dyed them all.  DD1 and DS went to a movie and when they got home they wanted to know if we saved any for them?  We had not, who knew?  DD2 said a funny thing while we were dying the eggs.  She wanted to make a green and white one for her BF she said, but we didn't have any white dye!  Really, Kelsey??  Then she said, "oh, never mind", and we laughed!
I bought these, apparently for the cats, but I thought they were beautiful on the table.
Autumn thought so too!
Finally I got a photo with me and my dad in it.  I don't have a lot of these because I HATE having my picture taken, but I thought it was good to get one with him.
I hope you all had a great Easter!  

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter with your family. Great pictures! Don't let Jasper and Annie know that you are giving fresh greenery to Mosen and Aiden. *s*

Faith said...

Thanks for showing the pictures and wow I love your cats there and your family all look great.
We are busy decorating the living room so quilting is on hold (arrrgh)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a great way to spend the holiday! We colored eggs, too, but my DD is 8 years old :) Wonderful pictures of you and your family.

Kim said...

Every year until my kids moved away--and even then a couple times--we dyed Easter eggs. Yes, even me! Well, it can be very creative, and when you're a creative person, you do whatever presents itself. And I know you'll laugh at this--we EACH had to have at least a dozen if not more. So every Easter, we ended up with somewhere between 3 and 4 dozen hardboiled, dyed eggs. And you know what? My mother-in-law always asked another daughter-in-law to bring the deviled eggs on Easter! ARGH!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy, happy spring and Easter! Yes, your Dad looks great; for any age! What a blessing to have him and your sister provide a home for Shelby while she gets her life in order and underway again. Your quilt is wonderful, no surprise that it was snatched away! Nothing gets by those guard cats, you're well protected!

Mary Johnson said...

I don't like having my photo taken either but definitely having one with your Dad is worth the *pain*.

Elaine Adair said...

Thanks for all the warm family photos, easter egg dying, but most of all for YOUR picture, with Dad. 8-)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~