Thursday, June 05, 2008

TUQ-In all it's glory!

I know you have all been dying to see this finished so ta-da!  Here is The Ugly Quilt in all it's glory!  Liz did a great joy on the quilting.  She used orange thread and a wild paisley pattern.  I do like the quilting.

Now here is the quilt all finished.  the blue in this picture is not accurate, it is really more aqua than baby blue.  Can you see that some of my helpers were shorter than some of the other ones? 
I have to tell you all that I had a bout with sleep walking last night and fell down the stairs from my 2nd floor to the bottom of the stairs!  I have huge bruises and I lost some skin between 2 toes but otherwise I am ok.  It was very scary and I am thankful that I did not break anything.  I did scare the heck out of my DH, and it was pretty embarassing but I guess I will live.  I have been having very vivid dreams lately too and this usually goes hand in hand with my sleepwalking.  I haven't done any sleepwalking in a long time.  Maybe I will have to put the baby gate up so I can't make it downstairs in the night again, huh?

10 comments:

Holly said...

I really like this quilt. Ooh, careful, now, that baby gate might be a good idea :) Are you a sleep talker, too?

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Oh my gosh... that's so scary, and no, I don't mean TUQ. I love TUQ. Your poor bruised body. Gentle ((hugs))

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like the Ugly quilt. I think you did a fine job on it, especially since it was outside your comfort zone and your dd loves it, too!

Please be careful when you are sleeping...know anyway to stay in bed and not walk about?

Your kitties are cuties, too :)

atet said...

Um, I still have to say that I don't think it's all that ugly. I have to agree with your daughter on this one :0). Love your sister's quilt as well -- and that little purse looks adorable. As for the pet screen bags -- um, you do know you can get the mesh super cheap at the hardware store right?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I love this quilt! Isn't it funny how one person's ugly quilt is one that another person thinks is gorgeous? My Ugly quilt needs to be quilted and is going to my mom in Florida - far, far away from here!

Faith said...

wow TUQ looks great I love the quilting, yes I will have to lend you Scratch's baby gate to stop you sleep walking. Put some witch-hazel on your bruises that helps to take the bruising out.
Finally after all this time I have written some more on my blog so go and have a peep!

Very Mary said...

One woman's ugly is another woman's gorgeous:)

Kim said...

Oh NO! Oh NO! Oh no, it's terrible that you sleepwalked and fell down the stairs! I hope you're okay and don't do that again! AND Oh No, it's NOT an ugly quilt--I think it's a beauty!

Andrea said...

This is ALQ - A Lovely Quilt - lol ! Very nice indeed. I used to sleepwalk years ago and frightened my sister to death. Poor you. Hope you recover soon xx

Mary Johnson said...

The quilt looks great but I'm sorry to hear about your tumble - hopefully the bruises are fading...

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~