Friday, June 27, 2008

Cats in the Cabin

Do you remember this little beauty?  I called it cats in the cabin because there are 4 paper pieced cats in the centers.  Now it has the awesome quilting done on it.  I sewed the striped binding on last night but have not turned it yet.

Here is a close up of one of the cats.
You can see the amazing freehand work of Liz the whiz best on the back.  This is what is around each of the cat blocks. (She is practicing the ring of flowers done freehand to use on the Posie quilt for my sister)
And this is what is around each of the pinwheel only blocks.
I think it turned out quite nicely, even though it is not my colors.  I have a small spot in the downstairs half bath that I put up wall hangings and change them out as I feel like it so this will make a round in there.

I also put the binding on the table runner that matches these colors.  I trimmed 2 of those quilted purses and will give them to one of the CL's to finish for the craft sale.  I sewed the back for the M string quilt and gave it to Liz today too.

No major plans for the weekend.  I need to get to the weeding in the garden. (but of course I would much rather be working at the sewing machine!  I have those cushions for the garden furniture to make so hope to get that done this weekend, we'll see (again NOT as much fun as quilting, now is it??)  So have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Love the strippiness of the M quilt and this log cabin is soo pretty. I had to look hard for the cats because I couldn't see them at first. One of those visual concentration tests you know :) Then they came into focus. Cute.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~