Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Anniversary Quilt

Yes, it is hard to believe but I have begun another quilt. It is one on the "gotta do" list but it is also one I want to do. Or at least I thought I did before I actually began it. I love the fabric, Simplicity fabrics, from Moda. I think the fabrics are just YUMMY!! Do you remember my friends, Karen and Cory that just got married? Well I made some 6" white squares for people to sign at the reception and had Karen choose a quilt block and the colors she wanted. She chose a soft aqua and a soft green and white. Of course I LOVE those colors too so I was excited to work on this quilt. She sent some of the plain white squares to Brazil (where she is from) for family and friends that could not be at the wedding so I will have to wait for those to finish the quilt. I am using the signature squares on the back.

Well, yesterday I began cutting the quilt out. I cut and cut and cut and cut some more. I finished the cutting this morning. WHEW!! Now the fun part, watching the blocks come together. So I began sewing. The first part, not so bad. It was a block I got from the Quilter's Cache called Morning Star 2. It is even shown in blue and green, perfect right? Yeah, you would think, but nooooooo...so much matching!!!! ICKKKKKK!!!!!! So I bucked up and did the matching. These blocks took me forever to make. One block took me over an hour to make, I was *that* careful with it all. So far I have 6 of the 42 blocks done. I will post the photos tomorrow as my DS wants the computer back to play WOW soon. I think this will have to be a first anniversary quilt, what do you think?

On another note, I am excited to watch the Olympic trials for swimming this week. The first is tonight on NBC at 8pm. We actually have a friend that is swimming in the trials!!! How cool is that? I went on the USA swimming website (I know, BIG swim dork) and found the psych sheets (that list everyone that is competing in the order of fastest to slowest) and she is ranked 4th in 2 events!!! The 200 free and the 400 free. Her name is Allison Schmidt and the kids all called her Schmitty. She is a friend of DD#2(they went to HS together) and I know her parents from years of officiating for swimming. She is a really, really nice person on top of all that. She also qualified for 2 more events the 50 and the 100 free, but her best chance for making the team is in the other 2 events. Keep your fingers crossed!! I do have to say that the blocks are really beautiful!

Now Natalie tagged me for a Meme and here it is

A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag seven people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it."

Seven Habits/quirks/facts about me...hmmmm.

1-I was a swimming official for 10 years.

2-I love cats and would have a million of them if I could do it without making my house into a giant litter box.

3-I can water ski on one ski. (Or could when I was young!)

4-I have to use my left foot first when going up or down stairs.

5-I tried to fly a water kite that my dad built when I was a teen (you know, you are strapped into it and ski with it behind a boat.)

6-I love to water toboggan! I love all water sports. I don't do them much anymore because I am not comfortable in my fat body.

7-I don't like being fat but find it difficult to eat less or exercise (I'd rather be quilting!!)

I guess that's enough, there are 7 of them, thanks Natalie!

I tag the following people:
1- Jeanne
2-Kim
3-Pat
4-Mary
5-Faith
6-Amy
7-Mama Koch

Now you all play along, ya hear??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~