Friday, June 13, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

This post is not for the faint of heart!  It has the good the bad and the ugly all rolled into one post!  This is the label I ended up putting on the Ugly Quilt.  I know many of you loved the quilt  and so did my DD, for which I am grateful but since that is what I have called it all along, that is its name.  Can you see the kitty I inked into the label?  I bought a metal stencil while in Paducah and a brush and I used the ink from my friend, Yuki (miss no blog).  I also put my pinwheel stamp on it but it doesn't show up quite as well.  Can you find it?  That is the stamp Miss No Blog made for me out of stone.  She is so talented!
OK, um, you had the good and the ugly and now for the bad.  Please excuse my chubby legs but here is a photo of my bruise (as taken by my friend while in the bathroom at work) Gads!  It sure is BIG!!  The bruise I mean.  It is healing slowly and this is after a whole week!!  It looked much worse but I didn't want to show you that.  
I hope none of you were trying to eat!  The other bruises are getting better too and the skin between my 2 toes that was torn is healing too.  I can walk a lot better now too.

I have my boss's wedding tomorrow so I am busy with that.  I hope to do a little sewing in the am.  Father's day on Sunday.  Wish your daddy a happy day.  I know I will be calling mine to wish him a good day.  I asked DD1 to make him a good dinner.  I would say take him out but he ate out almost every day since my mom died 7 years ago and now that she is living with him, he eats a lot better.  So it would be better for her to cook a dinner for him.

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

OMGosh! That bruise is huge and it's getting smaller?! Thank goodness you are starting to heal.

The less Ugly Quilt will find a loving home with your DD and it deserves to be loved like every other quilt:)

Thanks for the purse tutorial, I brought some fabric but now need to figure out when I can work on it.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, man! That bruise looks awful! I was in a car accident goin at least 35 mph and the airbags deployed - I was bruised across my waist and abdomen from the seatbelt and then on both breasts and between from the seatbelt and airbag. Yours looks more painful to me though. Feel better!!!

Jeanne said...

Pam, that looks really sore! You are so lucky you didn't break anything. I had to backtrack through the blog to see what happened. Somehow, I missed it. I'm sorry, but glad you are going to okay once the bruises heal. I have that purse pattern, but haven't tried it. Yours looks fantastic. Thanks for the step by step.

Holly said...

Goodness! You sure did a number on yourself, didn't you. Ouch. I'm glad you are healing. Cute label for the quilt I can't call ugly :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

If I were you I would give up sleepwalking. That's AWFUL! You're lucky that you didn't break anything. I made a bunch of those Origami purses for Christmas gifts, LOVE the way yours is quilted, clever!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ok I read back a few and I cant find how you hurt your leg. OMG that looks awful. And your saying it's looking better??? WHOA!!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~