Monday, April 20, 2009

Some of the Weekend

Now that I have that out of my system for the time being I return to quilt things! I was VERY stressed out on Friday. We, the lax board, had a meeting with our coach and the AD on Thursday night that turned into a personal attack on myself and my son. It was awful! It was the most difficult meeting I have ever been a part of. I can't wait for the season to be over and I can step aside and never have to deal with him ever again. If you want to know more email me, but I am not sure who will read this and there are some things I can't say publicly at this time.

Anyway, I digress, so for stress relief I decided to work on this little binder cover. Michelle, do you recognize the fabric?? Isn't it just so adorable? I've given up with the stash busting sigh, but I bought a little fabric to go with this to make it. I used most of it making this though.

DSCF4113
See the green and those squares? I bought 1/3 yard of each to use for making this. But while I was at JAF...
DSCF4114
I don't have the photo on this computer but I bought some aqua and browns for a quilt for my dear friend, Mary to make her a quilt for her birthday. I knew they were on sale this last week so I bought a yard of many (thus ending the stash busting) Oh, I am going to add it to my book but it is so sad that I am up in yardage. I really have nothing in brown and aqua. I really don't like that color combination at all but that is what her bedroom is done in so that's what I'll use. I decided to try a disappearing 9 patch. I have never made one before but am excited to try one. I cut all the fabrics into 5" squares (well not the whole yard cut, but some of it, since I don't know what I want to do for borders or binding or the back I am keeping my options open with the leftovers). I will upload the photo tomorrow.

I also finished another quilt this weekend, like I said but will show it tomorrow too. Too much to post at one time and I need something to talk about later in the week, right? I suppose ince it is HUGE and I have NOT counted that in my used fabric I could count it as busted which would at least put me back into the negative numbers again but...no, I think no more stash reports for now.

On the diet front, I lost a pound last week and gained back 2 so I am down by 14 ounds, sigh, but it *was 16* ok maybe I needed some incentive to try harder. Well last week was NOT one of thos weeks!

Let me know what you all think of my little owl binder cover. I'll post again soon!!

7 comments:

Allie said...

I'm sorry you had a bad meeting. :( But oh what lovely stress relief you found! That owl fabric is delicious. Your binder cover turned otu darling!
I've made a couple of disappearing 9-patch, they're fast and easy! I think I used 9inch blocks - hard to remember. Mine were for kids and I used all the fabric I had, so no borders - they didn't mind at all, lol.

Anne said...

I have made two disappearing nine patch. I love to make them they are so much fun. I love your owls they are too cute!!! You love to make those binders. Do you use deco bond for the cover? I have not made one yet. I have too. I am putting the binding on the quilt for my pastor. Then I have to start two baby boy quilts. Hugs

MichelleB said...

I love the binder! The owls look so cute on there.

I'm sorry about the bad meeting (but yes, I want to hear all about it). Big hugs to you and sorry for icky people.

Looking forward to seeing the new quilt.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your stash: sometimes you win and sometimes you loose:) Sorry you got stressed but great stressrelief! Time for a tutorial I'd say!

Mary-Kay C. said...

Okay I want to know all but I don't know what lax is either. I'm sorry about your bad weekend. But that binder cover is pretty nice, I like the colours you chose. I'm planning, one day, to make a journal cover. They sound fairly easy but I have to find the time.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love the owls... you are very wise, my dear!

Tanya said...

Oh dear... I hope you have a better week. I wonder why people have to be mean to each other. Sometimes it is best to just fade away from a group and go where you are needed.

Your notebook is lovely. Another project I've put on my list but can't seem to find the time to do it...

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~