Monday, May 04, 2009

Sauder Village Quilt Show

Some of the CL's an I went to Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio on Friday. I took the day off and I drove. Here we are!! We had such a good time. There were some fabulous quilts and of course a trip to the quilt shop that is there too!

DSCF4204
If you go to to my Flickr account you can see all the pictures I took but here are a few of my favorites. This was a striking quilt. I wonder how the quilter made those fabulous wheels?
DSCF4144
I took a picture of this one because my DD1 graduated from GVSU and I have never seen anyone make a quilt like this one! I love the logo.
DSCF4189
There were a group of challenge quilts when we entered the show. They had to use certain fabric and no pieces bigger than 5". There were so many unique quilts but I loved these 2 the best. Go figure, huh? The one on the right has some cross stitching in the cats.
DSCF4206DSCF4142

I loved this bunny quilt. I have made this quilt once already. I had the CL's make the bunnies and I assembled it. I didn't do the sashing the same as this either. I have all 30 bunnies sitting in a box at my own house waiting to be put together! I even have the sashing all cut and ready to put together. It's on my list! Stop nagging!!

DSCF4200
I thought this would be neat to do for our church office. (or something like it) Simple but elegant! The letters look like they are raw edge appliqued. Neat, huh?
DSCF4197
This Baltimore Album quilt was so beautiful. On my Flickr account you can see the upclose on the peacock and it is gorgeous! Never in my lifetime would I ever finish something like that.
DSCF4178
Ok, so we went to the quilt shop and I bought this panel to make that quilt. It is from Andover fabrics and the pattern is free on their website. Aren't those animals the cutest??
DSCF4207DSCF4140
I know you will all be shocked but here is some fabric I bought to make something for myself!! I found that there are a few more fabrics that go with this line (Natural Effects, Marcus Brothers) so will probably get a few more. Marcus Brothers has a pattern on their website using the fabric and it is pretty cute, I may make a few changes and use that one. I would minimize the brown in it I think.
DSCF4209
On Sunday, after I had enough weeding, I started to put together the disappearing 9 patch blocks into rows and I have about half of the 13 rows assembled. Here is my 9 patch inspector. She was busy marking my sewing table so all the other cats know that it is hers. Wouldn't my friend, Mary (who this is for) just die to see Aiden on her quilt? She is terribly alergic to cats. This one will have to go into the wash before I give it to her!
DSCF4211

I did not have a particularly great diet weekend but my weight stayed the same, still down by 20. Slow and steady, *sigh*

6 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love this show. Usually go but couldn't make it this year. Love all your pictures. I especially like that first one. I've always wanted to make that quilt. Do you know - is it from Piece o Cake Designs? Anyway, looks like you guys had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Allie said...

Looks like you all had a great time - thanks for sharing the quilts, they are lovely! I wish I could've gone with you!

Anonymous said...

Great fabrics you got for yourself, colour ánd print. Great it's for YOU too:)
Nice pics and it happens that I know the secret behind the "wheel" quilt. Maybe you should check my blog later today....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

No gain is still a loss in progress, good for you! Quilt shows always are such a great source of inspiration for me, what a fun outing!

The Calico Cat said...

The wheels are a pattern...

Love the cat quilts. I looked at that log cabin one & said, "I can do that."

(I love that feeling.)

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely quilts. It is fun to be together with friends. Love the kitty in your header.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~