Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Aquarium Quilt















Someone asked for the photos of the quilt and here they are! I took some of the "groups" of the quilt and a few individual squares. I also took a picture of the poster (which I later purchased). It really was a neat quilt to view in person. It's too bad it was not more prominently displayed.

When I got on the airplane in O'Hare in Chicago to go to SF, there was a huge appliqued quilt celebrating the anniversary of American Air. Apparently many ofthe employees made squares. They were asked to donate it to some museum, but declined until every employee that worked on it is retired. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me, it was pretty neat too.

Enjoy the quilt!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That quilt is gorgeous! I think, somwhere (magazine?) I remember reading about the American Airlines quilt project. Thanks for sharing.

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing. Do you know when it was completed? Many of the appliquer's are fairly famous...