Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Back

Well, I am home safe and sound from the SF trip. The trip home was a little harrowing but I FINALLTY made it!! My cameras and clothes are with the DH as he is still on a trip. I think I said before but he is a corporate pilot. He had a trip that flew into Napa Valley so he took all my "stuff" with him so I had no bags with me except my purse. The down side is that all my "stuff" is still with him! I will have everything back tomorrow night so hopefully I will be able to post some pictures and all the stories about the trip.

I arrived in SF on Wed evening. The plane was so hot, and I felt really ill when I got off the plane. The ride was fine, I just felt sick from all the heat. I got to the hotel with no problems and waited for DH to arrive. He showed up a little later and we went with the other pilot to dinner. I was NOT hungry but I watched them eat!!

I won't say a whole lot now as it will be so much more interesting with pictures! I will tell you about the ride home though. My plane ride to Chicago was great!! Much better than the ride out to SF. The size of the plane we were supposed to take from Chicago to Detroit changed (smaller) so they were asking for volunteers to leave 2 hours later. I figured for a $300 voucher, it was fine by me. So I volunteered. Hence began my big adventure in O'Hare airport! I was supposed to arrive at DTW at 6pm. After 7 gate changes we borded the plane and waited an hour for a pilot. I was happy one finally showed up figuring that we could leave, but ohhhh noooo. We had to wait a little longer for a co-pilot!! Silly me. We finally did get to take off but I got home to the DTW airport at 10:30pm not the 6pm we were told!! It certainly was an adventure!! Would I do it again, yep! I got a voucher I can use anywhere they fly and can transfer it to anyone I want, family or friend. I was wide awake anyway what with the time change and all.

I didn't get to go to any quilt shops as our time was spend doing many other things. That's ok though, I had a blast and it was so nice being away from everything. I feel refreshed and ready to start up the hectic time that is summer!! I'll post more once I get the cameras!

4 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I personally LOVE O'Hare. It is the most fascinating place. BUT you must have comfy shoes, it's a long walk from here to there.

Can't wait to see your pictures!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looking forward to seeing your photos. Flying around isn't any fun at all without adventures, I've had few myself... glad you're back safe and sound!

KC Quilter said...

Flying has become such a hassle anymore. Every trip we've taken the last few years has been fraught with delays!!! So glad you made it home safely! Can't wait to see your photos of SF--one of my favorite places to visit.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

*ahem*...still waiting on photos... :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~