Wednesday, May 02, 2007





My Own Backyard

I just wanted to take a minute to share with you some of the things in my backyard. I told you I would *try* to remember to take a picture of the new baby birds in my ivy and I was able to do it today. Isn't he cute? I don't think the mama was too happy that I was that close to her babies!

The other pics are from my garden and our woods. The bleeding hearts are in my garden and so is the Trillium. The Jack-In-the -Pulpit grows in the woods. We have a LOT of trillium in the woods too. There is a dark red one and I think some cross pollination has been happening because we have some pink ones as well!! I hope you enjoy the pictures.

I went on Cynthia's blog today and learned about the 365 quilts. I think I would like to do this too. I will try to use as much of my stash fabric as I can, but I think I will use the 365 in a different way. Last Christmas I cut out a Christmas quilt for myself (and *no* it is not done yet!). At the same time I cut one for my friend, Ellen. I put it in a project bag with the pattern and gave it to her for Christmas. She loved it so much she told me we should do it each year. I said, "yeah, right, like I have time for that!" I think I will make the 365 quilt rows and give them to her for Christmas with the challenge that we both have to do it for the 2008 year. I have also been thinking about what to give my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for a baby gift when my friend, Holly suggested a 365 quilt for Sarah to keep track of baby's first year I think this is a great idea and will make the "rows" for her too. Once she is done I will make it into a quilt for her. Isn't that a great idea?? Then, I thought about my own chickie that will soon be flying the coop (DD, Shelby). I told her I wanted to make her a quilt for her new place but now I think this might be just the quilt for her. She is very artsy and loves to draw, so along with recording her first year on her own she can draw the dragons all over it that she sketches all the time! I know it is a little ambitious, but I think I will be able to do it and I have some time so I will keep you posted. I am also not supposed to be buying this month (but I am going to go to CA with DH so maybe vacation fabric purchases don't count. I really don't have a lot of light fabrics to use for the 365 quilts but I will certainly pull what I have. I think mine will be multi-coloured as I am certain I don't have enough of just creams or whites to make it for 4 of these quilts, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~