Monday, February 09, 2009

Last Week

Wow, am I ever behind! I left work on Wednesday and WHAM-O!!! Boy did I get SICK!! I had a fever, chills, headache, runny nose, congestion and cough. I was miserable. I went to bed and didn't leave it until late Friday. So on Thursday, during the day I had lots of kitty heaters helping to keep me warm and sweat out the illness. Here you see Jack. I usually sleep on the left of him and DH on the other side of him. He *always* lays here and he stayed with me all day and night until I got better. I had to laugh, once when I got up to go to the bathroom. DH had put his bag and the laundry basket up onto the bed with the cats. All 5 cats were in bed with me!! I went downstairs and got my camera so you get to see into my bedroom. From the foot of the bed you can see everyone. Mosen is in the laundry basket, Hallie is looking at the camera, Autumn (calico) behind her and Aiden (orange tabby) by Hallie. If you look toward the pillows you will see Jack, sleeping where you saw him in the previous picture between the pillows. (Try not to look at the mess) = )

I had been working on this quilt for my DD2. I gathered all the white squares that everyone signed at her HS grad party and then had to figure out how to set them. I designed this. Her HS was Salem (blue and white) and her university is MSU (green and white) both are symbolized with a block "S". I was inspired by the fact that I did a similar thing for her grad party inviges, only I made the "S" half blue and half green with her senior picture in the center. If you look closely, you will see the blocks are signed by friends and family. I called it "Patches of Wisdom" for Kelsey. I need to get this one to LTW now. I am backing it with a Spartan flannel.

Last week I won a drawing from Pat, at Bell Creek Quilts. (No, Pat, I didn't forget, but I was so sick). The drawing was to celebrate her 1 year blogiversary, or birthday, as Pat says!) Happy birthday Bell Creek Quilts!! So These are the packages I received.Filled with ~sixty 6.5" novelty squares, chocolate and a darling FQ of Valentine fabric!! Also an adorable Jim Shore card with a nice note from Pat.
MMMMMMM, Dove chocolate. (Don't worry losers,(fellow dieters) I only ate one and gave the rest to DD1)
Thank you Pat for the wonderful surprise!

I have lots more to post about but I will put it in another post.

4 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

All the kitties... so funny and dear. What thoughtful little caretakers! I hope you are all better.

Gretchen said...

Hope you are feeling much better! I am so glad you had lots of kitties to keep you company while you rested.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hope you are feeling better and I'm glad the *goodies* arrived :)

Gina said...

What great hot water bottles. Stan tries to get into bed with me but he's a bit big to share the bed with.

Hope you feel better soon

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~