Monday, May 06, 2019

Binding Extravaganza

I was determined to get binding attached to the 3 baby quilts I have at home waiting. 
I found one more quilt that has been quilted and just waiting for binding, 
so I made binding for that one too.

First up was putting the binding on the 2 baby quilts.


Then the third baby quilt and the Christmas quilt (from 2010!)


My handsome helper was upset that I took "his" quilt so I put my fleece down for his bed.


He finally settled down on that and was so much more content.


As you can see I had loads of binding to do this weekend.  
I hate having the binding all wadded up in my lap when I attach it. 
I have used binding babies in the past but they are pricey. 
 I have taken to winding the binding around my empty Aurifil thread spools.  
I had seen when someone attached their binding on to big spools, like from Tulle.  
I put my spool on my knee lifter and it unspooled as I attached it to the quilt!



Bad news is I think I killed my sewing machine!  It started making a rattling sound. 
 Sort of like when something is near a motor and that is the thing rattling, 
but I moved all the stuff from around my machine and it was not that. 
 I tried cleaning the bobbin area and oiling it. 
 Not that either, although, GROSS, it really needed a good cleaning. 
 I have no idea what it is.  It is super loud and the hand wheel is very difficult to turn.  

The place I take her for her usual spa day is not open until tomorrow, so for now she will wait.
I have another machine I can use (who am I kidding, I have many).  
My second choice is another Bernina.  
It is the one I keep in our camper.  I'm hoping my fix it guy, Jay, will be able to work his magic and quickly as I have lots to sew and I miss her when she is gone.

How was your weekend?

~XOP~


1 comments:

Lisa England said...

So sorry that you are having machine issues, but that binding delivery system is brilliant!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~