Thursday, May 02, 2019

The Getaway Continued

The second day found us in Waynesville, OH.
OF COURSE we stopped at the Fabric Shack.
I may have added to my fabric stash.


 We also visited many antique shops.  
In one of the shops we met Miss Emmie.  
She followed me all around even after I pet her.  The owner told me that was rare.  
I informed him that I really am the Crazy Cat Lady, LOL.


My favorite find was this gorgeous peacock tiffany lamp.  Too much money but beautiful!


We left here and stopped back in the small town of Yellow Springs to walk around the shops.
On the way out of town we stopped at Young's Dairy for some ice cream.  
I got the single (on the right)
He got the double.
His was only $1 more than mine.
I should have gotten a double!


The last stop before home was the Ohio Caverns, in West Liberty, Ohio.


OMGosh were these caverns amazing!  This shows how wet it was in the caverns.
  You are able to see the water dripping into a pool in this photo.


This stalactite was HUGE, they called it the king.


Proof we were there.


So.  Many.  Spectacular formations!




This one reminded me of finger bones touching.


The brown that looks like corrugated cardboard is formed by iron oxide. 
These "bunches" reminded me of carrots!  
This cavern is the only one in the world that has the iron oxide and calcite formations together.



This one looked like a water pump and was about 4" tall.





See those 2 that are almost touching (second from the left)?  
They said it would take somewhere between 35-50 years for them to completely touch!


You were not allowed to touch anything.
Additionally, the paths were wide enough that I didn't feel claustrophobic.

I will show you the fabrics I bought tomorrow.

~XOP~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~