Wednesday, May 22, 2019

CDTC Link Up For May

I managed to do my blocks for May (and got caught up on the April ones too). 
 I made 3 of the blocks. 

This is block 11.  
I did it a bit differently and just used the striped fabric to make the package.


This block, 12, was a bit tricky for me to make.  I had to wrap my head around how to do it.  I like how it turned out though.


This block, 13, was my least favorite to make. 
 I, of course, charged ahead, thinking well I know how to make a log cabin block. 
 WRONG!  
You need to READ the directions.  
She tells you when to trim the block and to what size before you go on adding logs.  
Me?  
I made it and trimmed at the end.  Leaving me with a gigantic block.
 *Face Palm*.  
So what did I do? 
 I ripped it all apart and started over, trimming as was suggested as I went along.  
Additionally, if I had to do it again, I would use aquas with the same value. 
 Then I could have turned them like how the white is in the photo below. 
All in all though, it is finished and I can move on to the next ones.


I will likely procrastinate the June blocks until after the wedding shower in NC mid month.

Now it's your turn. 
Have you finished your May (or any previous month's ) blocks?

Please link up!

~XOP~



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Lovely fabrics, especially the 2nd block :)

Linda said...

Very pretty block, those fabrics are just perfect. I did the very same thing with the log cabin block! I do want to make another one because it is one of my favorites. I will link up with you hopefully on Friday, if I can get my act together. ;)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~