Friday, May 03, 2019

Pattern Testing

I have done some pattern testing in the past and 
volunteered to do so for someone I have worked with previously.  
Sterling Sewn.  
Her other patterns were paper pieced and this one was pieced in the usual way. 
 It is always interesting to do this.  You hope all will go smoothly but often times it does not.

The pattern is part of a larger set called Dino Party. 
 This first one is the T-Rex.  He is adorable!  
There were no teeth though so I had to add some.  
I did that using some rick rack.  
Funny story, I wanted white rick rack but didn't have any. 
 My mom had a Martha White cabinet that she got from her mom. 
 I remember my mom putting loads of trim, elastic and embroidery floss into it.
  I  decided to look in there and see if there was any white/cream.  
Sure enough, not only was there white/cream but there were several sizes to choose from!

You can see my rick rack in this pic.  It was tricky to do the diagonal.  
It was a sew and flip so I measured and drew a line,
 then used Elmer's washable school glue and glued the diagonal piece down.

The top teeth were easy as they extended the whole length of the piece.  
The bottom were a bit trickier.  I did measure and ended up getting it right.  
I totally love that my T-Rex has teeth!




 On another note, my daughter has babies!! 
 Pea fowl babies that is.  
Hatching has begun and there are babies everywhere.  
Aren't they just the cutest little things?


Have a great day!

~XOP~



1 comments:

Calicojoan said...

I'm just not too sure what's cutest. The dino or the birds! LOL!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~