Monday, February 15, 2021

Bias Binding

 I have been working to make all the binding for all the quilts I have to bind (4).  
I have 3 of the 4 made and one is even applied and hand sewn down! 
 I love the binding buddies from Doohickey Designs for holding my binding while I apply it.  
They are so darned cute!  
I want them ALL!!

I made some flannel binding out of a plaid but I cut it on the bias.  I am so in LOVE with how it looks!


I was applying it to the quilt  last night and it looks so pretty.  
The green minky is the back.
I can't show the front yet (but it is ADORABLE and I can't wait to share it).  
Look how CUTE that bias plaid looks as the binding!!  

Quite literally years ago I bought a bias binding ruler.  
You use half yard of fabric, straighten both edges they lay the ruler down and cut. 
 Easy peasy. 
 Just attach the strips and you have super easy bias binding!  
I always hated sewing a tube and marking it then cutting it.  My strips were NEVER right.  
I will look up the name of the ruler and edit this when I get home, just in case you need a ruler too.  Although I have heard that Creative Grid makes one, this is not from them. 
 I generally LOVE their rulers though.

Edited**Mine looks like this one


How do you like to cut your bias binding?

Would you like to see me using the ruler?

~XOP~



1 comments:

Gram999 said...

Love the plaid bias binding. I have a ruler like that too. Never use it.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~