Monday, January 19, 2009

5 Yard Challenge Quilt

My weekend was planned, I was going to finish my 365 challenge quilt and the Paisley Party quilt right?  Or so I thought.  My creative brain had other ideas.  I chose a house fabric when it was my turn to choose a fabric for the 5 yard challenge quilt with the CL's, remember?  (I need to get a photo of it)  The fabric is baby blue with pink, green, blue and purple houses on it.  I went to JAF and bought a few fabrics to go with and figured I would pull from my stash.  Then it hit me.  Instead of making the focus fabric and a pieced block I would make the focus fabric and appliqued houses for the other block!  Brilliant!  So I spent all day (and I mean all day) fusing fabric and cutting out houses.  I did 6 in each color, blue, pink, green and purple.  Here is my helper helping me with the purple ones.  

And you all wonder why I have cat hair all over everything?  I no sooner laid these down and Autumn raced in to roll all over them!
This is the aftermath of the creative process, LOL!
These were inspired by Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio.  So without further fanfare (they all still need to be stitched around) here are my free form houses.  These are the purple ones.
And the blue ones...
And the green ones...
and the pink ones!
What do you think?  I love them and can't wait to begin stitching them down!

I will report the weight and stash in another post as I have to run and do some work now! = )

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love all of your houses! That is going to be a cute quilt. Maybe the cats think it is their job to roll in the fabrics and quilts? I'd like to have at least one hairless spot in the house. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

love you little houses.........very cute.......

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your houses are too cute! I can hardly wait to see the *whole* quilt.

Gina said...

Love all the houses. It's nice to know that they've already been cat approved.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

jacquie said...

oh my friend, you have been busy and they look fabulous. they're going to come alive when you do all the stitching. i love the house fabric you found too. i'm so behind on my blog reading, i'm so glad you told me! way to go!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~