Friday, July 04, 2008

Birthday Pregaming

Boy, do I have a lot to share with all of you! If Allison making the Olympic team wasn't enough, DH took me to Shipshewana. You all know how much I love that place! This trip may rank up there with the best ever. Thanks, honey!! Look how cute he looks patiently waiting for me to get out of Lolly's!

Yep, this is from the porch looking into the biggest fabric shop ever!
This is the view from the other direction, buggies only, please!
Isn't this porch beautiful? Well it was time for DH and I to move along. He was very patient while waiting for me.
Aren't these wire trees, complete with bird houses just too cute? Well they certainly are, but way too expensive for me!
Now on the way there I had been telling DH how much I wanted a pink bike, an old fashioned looking one. On the drive home we were winging our way past many yard sales and guess what he spied with his little eye? Yep, this Schwin beauty!!! Now we went back and I rode it and he bought it for me for my birthday (which is not until next Friday!) It is one SWEET ride!! I look very stylish on this cutie!!
I had quilting on Wed night and Padmini had made this wine vest and gave it to me with a bottle of wine...also for my birthday. I am scoring big time lately!! Great DH and great friend!
I suppose you want to see the "loot" from Shipshewana, right? Well I can't show it all because I bought some stuff for gifts and they read the blog. So once I get my butt in gear and mail the gifts I will show you. Just hold your horses already! DH also bought me this stitched picture. He is a sucker for the "You are my sunshine" stuff because that is what he had engraved on my wedding band. Go ahead and say it, you know you want to...AWEEEEE!!!
We fell in love with this dish towel, too cute.
I fell in love with this aqua winter fabric. So neat!
More red and white for the red and white quilt.
The ruler that the red and white quilt directions call for (I didn't know which size so I got all 3, (bad me, bad!!)
Border fabric for my friend Karen and Cory's Anniversary quilt. So sweet!
I admit it, I am obsessed with the Merry and Bright line. I bought what I needed to make...
this pattern. I still need to order it but I just fell in love with it.
I will write more later but DH wants to take me out for a ride on his Harley. So motorcycle mama has to go. More later...

I'm back. The motorcycle ride was fun, but he needs a sissy bar on the back. The seat is angled so I felt like I was going to slide right off! That wouldn't be a good idea. I have to admit, I love being on a motorcycle again. I used to ride with my dad when I was just a little girl and then I learned how to drive the motorcycle we had and I loved it. Dated a guy in college that drove one all the time and I loved that (way more than him!) The Harley is so big, I really have no desire to drive it, just ride. My old motorcycle was just a Honda 180 (I think that's what it was) and I loved it, not too big and scary to drive. The original one was a Honda 90, kind of like a big scooter. What a blast.

Anyway, the pregaming for my birthday is awesome. I did some home dec stuff today and will take some pics tomorrow and post later. I am driving to E. Lansing to see DD2 and we *might* drive to GR to see DD1 and my dad, we'll see. Gas is so expensive, but I haven't seen him in awhile so maybe it will be good for me to go. It is such a long and boring drive, but with DD in the car it should be better.

Happy Fourth of July to all you fellow Americans!! I hope your holiday was great! You are all Great Americans!!

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Pam, I feel like I can hear your giddy exuberance... it's wonderful! So much good stuff and happiness. Really neat about the pink bike. And I love your fabric acquisitions!

G'G'ma said...

I LOVE going to Lolly's too.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~