Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And the Party Continues!

Just when you thought the o2 old geezers couldn't party for one more day (remember this is day 3 of the celebration) you were wrong! Our friends, Mary and Craig invited us to go to a Tiger's baseball game at Comerica Park. It was a beautiful day for a baseball game. We ate at Cheli's (owned by the Red Wing Chris Chelios) This was the view of Comerica Park from the roof top of Cheli's. It really is spectacular. The town was hoppin' because there was a Tiger's game and the first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs going on Sat night.
This is the front entrance to the stadium. Look at all those stone tigers!
They even dressed the BIG tiger in a Red Wings jersey. It was really cool!
Here is a picture of the screen showing one of the 2 home runs Ordoniez (not sure if I spelled this correctly, let me know Jeanne) scored. The Tigers won against the Minnesota Twins 19-3. It was a great game. I am not that much of a baseball gal but I really enjoyed myself. Mary and Craig are such fun to be around and would not let us pay for hardly anything since it was Chris' birthday. Thanks, guys, you're the BEST!!
There were fireworks after the game and on our way out the tigers heads all around the stadium had baseballs in their mouths and they all lit up! It was awesome!!

A fun time was had by all. I forgot to tell you that I had quilting with the CL's all day prior to going to the game. They taught me how to make a quilted purse in about an hour. I will share that with you later. Maybe even step by step if anyone is interested? But for now just the finished product. We got home late from the game and went right to bed. I am getting way too old to stay out late!

2 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the COPA! (do they still call it that?!) and yes, I would be interested in the purse tutorial. Can't have too many purse patterns, now can I?

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love extending birthday celebrations... one day is too brief! You guys are doing a wonderful job of making the fun last.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~