Friday, May 23, 2008

Weeds in the Posie Patch? You tell me.

This is the first (maybe the second) time that I am posting twice in the same day!  I wanted to show you the flimsy of my sister's quilt.  I hung it up over a railing and my friend Robin brought her BIG camera and took these photos.  We use them to design the quilting for the top for Liz to use as a reference when she does the quilting.
The photo looks a little odd as the white behind the lower half makes it look a little strange.  I am not going to put borders on it and the binding will be a graded purple.  Robin always insists on taking a photo with me in it, so I thought I would share that too.
I know you can't see the kaleidoscope effects on the purple blocks at this distance but you can see the whole quilt better this way.  The quilt is 82 X 99 so it is pretty big.  
I took some close ups and here you can see some of the kaleidoscope blocks that make up the Irish Chain.



I'm not sure if you can see my "weeds" (Dandelions) or not on this one.  They have gone to seed.

So...what do you think?  I am trying to name it and I have either Weeds in the Posie Patch (the wow fabric is dandelions) or Irish Posie Patch, or Holly's Posie Patch.  Which do you like best?

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Or Chain of Posies? You can name it whatever you like, it's a rose that will smell as sweet. Seriously, Pam, it is a beautiful quilt.

Jeanne said...

Pam, it is gorgeous! You sure put a lot of time and work into each block! I think it is too pretty to have weeds in the title. *s* I like Holly's Posie Patch. I love the photo with you and the quilt.

dot said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Weeds in the Posie patch is a very good name.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

How about 'A Dandy of a Posie'...it is beautiful! Your sister is going to LOVE it and sooo much 'loving' into each block!

Will you be my sister and give me such an awesome gift?! *s*

ps I finished my MSU quilt...yeah...go green!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Pam! Popped in to return the visit! Your quilt is FANTASTIC! What about, "Irish Posie Chain" - I wouldn't put 'weeds' in the title - they're wildflowers!! That sounds so much nicer - I have LOTS of 'wildflowers' in my gardens! Tee! Hee! Hee! Whatever name you decide on, I'm sure your sister will LOVE it! How wonderful to give a gift that will ensure both you and your sister are remembered for generations to come! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~