Friday, August 17, 2018

Finish It Up Friday

I showed you photos of the wedding from last Saturday.  I will show you the quilt I made.  
I used the Newport Fantasy pattern (found on Craftsy).
 It was an easy pattern to make and went together pretty quickly for such a large quilt.

 This is the block, basically.    
Didn't that multi-color sashing work so well with these colors?


I had the label hand embroidered long before I had the quilt finished, LOL.  
I sewed it into the back.
I don't think I even took a photo of the back!


My good friend, Robin took some photos of the quilt once it was finished and this was me being silly, which she captured, haha.


Close up of the beautiful quilting done by Elizabeth Bowman.  Thanks, Liz!


I am sooo happy with the finished quilt!!!!


I was told her colors were "gray".  I added in some blues and blue grays.
I found the perfect gray print for the border.  It was different from the sashing multi.
All the triangles were different gray and blue solids.



I hope that they love it as much as I do!  I would make this pattern again too. 
 It would be a cute baby quilt.  
The triangles are large enough to put some cute fussy cut things in them.

One parting shot of Nicole and Jerry as they opened the quilt.


Have a great weekend and hope you all get some time to sew!

~XOP~


3 comments:

dianne said...

ooo!!! puh-retty!!! whodathunk when you hear "grey" that THIS would happen?!?

and, of course, YAY Liz!!!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Perfect choices. Love the colors and the quilting.

KaHolly said...

It gives me goosebumps! It’s a beautiful quilt. No wonder you are so pleased! Thanks for posting a picture of yourself with your quilt! You’re just as pretty as the wedding quilt is!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~