Wednesday, August 15, 2018

WIPs With Friends

I have been sewing when I get a minute, but it has been sporatic things. 
 I need to get my butt in gear and work on my pattern testing stuff and my kitty swap project.  
I started on the pattern test block only to realize she needed to make some changes 
( or I should say, I wanted her to make some changes).

This is the block, designed by Quilt Genius.  I can't wait to get started now that I have her changes.


I'm going to use the science words for the background.  
Those peach fabrics will be the paws, tail, ears and nose.


I guess Finn thought he should help too.


At least I got all my fabric choices done.

While I was waiting I decided to work on my Tula Granny Square Challenge blocks.
In the Tula Pink group I belong to on FB a woman asked if anyone would be up for a challenge.
She would send each of us 12 babies (center of a granny square)
of OOP Tula fabric.
Each month she would issue a particular challenge to sew with a particular square.
Here are my blocks for July, August and September

July's challenge was to use fabric with circles.  I used some Neptune, and also Flutterby.


August was to use a blue print or solid.  I used Slow and Steady and Nest.


September was to use fabric from the Eden line.


I am really happy with how my blocks turned out!  
I need to finish the October one now so I can be ahead and have time to work on other things. 
 Next up is the pattern testing and then the kitty swap projects.

What are you working on?  Link up and share with all of us!

~XOP~


1 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Does Finn know that there is a mouse (rat) on that block? LOL I made a granny square quilt - I love it!! I will send you a picture. I'm still working on QOVs and lap quilts for the September Honor Flight leaving from Traverse City. Busy, busy!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~