Thursday, July 31, 2008

Serendipity

On Tuesday I decided I needed to finish this second installment of my designer mystery BOM series.  It turned out quite nicely, hmm?? 

Now, I bought this FQ pack when I went to Paducah last spring.  It is the Fresh Squeezed line.  Aren't the colors yummy??  But I just didn't know what I wanted to make with them.  I have been looking for the *perfect* pattern. 
So I stopped at JAF on my way home to look for a copy of Australian Patchwork magazine that I have been trying to find.  I saw a Fons and Porter magazine that I did not have and began to thumb through it.  Don't like it, don't need it, Not my thing, maybe, but probably not necessary
...wait a minute, could it be??...it is!!  The perfect pattern for the Fresh Squeezed fat quarter pack!  And here it is!
I had quilting with the CL's last night and had to decide what to bring with me.  I decided to take the FQ's and this patten and see if I could get it cut out.  Well, I got all the strips cut and now I just need to sub-cut and I will be ready to sew.  I was supposed to have a meeting tonight but it canceled so maybe I can do the sub cutting in the daylight when I get home!  YEA!!

I have a wedding reception to go to and have to get a dress.  I am trying to figure out how to show you the photo of the one I ordered.  If I can get it I will post it.


Found it!

9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love that dress! It will look wonderful with your Fresh Squeezed quilt, too!! ;) I'd say you're on a lucky streak right now...

Jeanne said...

I need a dress for a wedding, too! I love yours. The latest block is very pretty and I'm sure that pattern will be wonderful with your FQ bundle.

Tanya said...

That is a great pattern for your Fresh Squeeze pack! I wish I was making it with you and in just those colors!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

It looks like it will be another great quilt with the FQ packet you have!

Will we see you in your new dress, too?! :)

Faith said...

what a gorgeous dress and what yummy fat quarters they all look zestful and like a bowl of fresh yummy fruits.

Cher said...

that is a yummy dress...fun fqs! that pattern is easy to work up and comes out looking so fun.

swooze said...

I love the quilt and agree it is perfect for the Fresh Squeezed fabric. I can't wait to see it!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Wow! That dress is amazing! And I think that pattern is PERFECT for those fabrics! Can't wait to see it go together!

Gretchen said...

Can't wait to see your "Fresh Squeezed" quilt. It will definitely be a cheery quilt for those gray Mich. winters.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~