Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

I just want to take this opportunity to wish all my friends (IRL) and in blogland a Happy New Year! I have been thinking alot about this post. The year is fresh and new and anything is possible, right? I made some goals last year. I met some of those goals and not others. I am a firm believer in having goals. It helps me to focus. So you don't have to keep reading if this is boring but here I go.

Goals for 2011

1-I wanted to learn EQ last year and I finally got the program out but did not learn it like I should have. I need to spend some quality time with this program and maybe take a class or 2 to become more proficient.

2-I really, really, need to get my embroidery module out and learn how to use it. I have had it for 5 years now and still do not have the first idea what to do to use it. Maybe this will be the year!

3-I need to continue to work on my already started projects. I'm actually happy to say that I got through about 20 of them last year. They are not all finished but of those 20 or so old projects they are either done or at the quilters. I want to continue to work on this. Of course I will begin some new projects but I want to cut down on the number of new things I participate in online, just for this year to see if it helps out with the de-stressing.

4-I have designed some quilts in the last few years that I would like to write up the patterns for. I now have a good friend that has promised to help me with this, so hopefully you will see patterns from me soon! Going hand in hand with that is to continue to design some more quilts this year.

5-I am thinking about setting up either some kind of embroider along or maybe a Halloween block swap. This, of course depends on time and may or may not happen.

6-I would like to try to use more of my stash fabrics and cut down on the new fabric purchases this year too. I did not do as well as I had hoped using more stash rather than purchasing, this past year.

7-This is not quilt related, but I would like to work on having a more sustainable life. We started on this last year and I would like to continue this endevor. Grow more of my own food, can more food, re-use, re-purpose and recycle more, cook from scratch more. This will help maintain a more healthy lifestyle.

8-Continue on my weight loss journey including more healthy eating as well as keeping up with spending time at the gym. I have kind of a high strung personality (betcha haven't noticed right?) and I have decided that alcohol is not my friend. Yes, it does help me wind down and relax but it does not help with my weight or my personal relationships or my achieving of goals so I am going to give it up for a year and see how that goes. It couldn't hurt right?

9-I will work on trying to spend more time doing the things I want to do instead of always doing what has to be done first. I read something a friend wrote recently about always putting off our happiness until later rather than enjoying the here and now. For instance I tell DH I will do something fun with him when I finish ____, rather than just spending time with him or the kids and doing something fun. I really need to work on this! I think many of us don't spend enough time in the present being happy but rather I'll have fun when this is finished, or I get that done, etc. Well, anyway, you get the point! This includes doing more with DH and my friends. Finding a way to say YES instead of an excuse to say no.

10-I really feel like there should be a tenth thing here just to make it even, (my OCD coming out I guess!!) I think the last thing continues the theme of the last few. I want to streamline my house. Thin out the "things" that are cluttering up my house and my life. Less stuff. DH and I have already begun this by cleaning out our clothes closet, we got rid of 7, count them 7 garbage bags full of clothes and shoes from that closet. YEAH us!!

I guess that sums it up for me and what I have been thinking about. I wish for all of you everything you need to be healthy and happy in this upcoming year. Enjoy your friends, your family and all your blogging buddies. I appreciate all of you so much. You are what makes this all worthwhile. I am glad you are joining in and becoming a part of my life! I look forward to getting to know you better and maybe even meeting up IRL!

May God keep you safe and healthy in the upcoming year. If you have read this far, thanks! I hope to have an awesome year and I hope you do too!!!

6 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

This really is a nice set of goals. Streamlining your home, and eating healthy - Yea! I would love to do a Halloween block swap, if you decide to do it. Good luck with your goals. Although I did say I wasn't going to start any more new projects - wow that one sure was easy to break! LOL!! But then again, Halloween is so far away it ought to be okay - Right?

Allie said...

GREAT set of goals Pam, I wish you all the success in the world!

Crispy said...

I love all of your goals Pam and they are all certainly doable :0) I'll enjoy following you on your journey.

Happy Belated New Year to you too :0)

Crispy

Quiltluver said...

Some of these goals sound familiar. I too have an embroidery module that I've hardly played with. My problem is that the software will no longer load on to my laptop. I need to get to the store and upgrade my program. Happy New Year!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Wow - so many wonderful plans and goals! I'll be looking forward to following you along on all those exciting things!

Vickie said...

Happy New Year Pam! Your goals are great! I definitely identify with #9! Goodluck with them!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~