Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Baby Lincoln's Quilt

I couldn't post this until it was received.  
Little baby Lincoln received her quilt today in the mail.  
You all saw the left over pieces from the Neverland fabric line and this is the quilt I made with it.  Pattern is a free one called Star Break.
I LOVE this pattern and I really have enjoyed working with the Neverland fabric.
  I still have quite a bit left if anyone else wants to make one.  
See previous post for fabrics for sale.


I used the pretty mint flowers from the line for the back.  


My friend, Liz, did the fairy quilting.


Close ups of the stars.







I made a label using the same fabric as the back.
It was the first time I tried that and I love how it turned out!


We get to meet one of the other babies born in our family on Thursday.
I can't wait to give him his quilt and to share it with his label too.

I am currently working on making nap blankets for a friend.
Her daughter teaches in a 4 year old classroom.
The kids need blankets for naps so each year my friend and her friends make nap blankets.
One yard each of cotton woven and one of flannel.
I may have bitten off more than I can chew!  
I have cut out 12 so far and still have fabric I pulled for more.
I may just give her the rest of the fabric.  
I'm not sure I will have enough time to make more than 12 right now.

I gave plasma today too.
I've been trying to give 2x per week. 
It went really quickly today.
I made my entire donation (830ml) in 40 minutes flat!!
I took a photo of my arm but figured you might not want to see.
It was pretty cool watching the bin fill and then empty my cells back into my arm.
Then fill and return until my donation was complete.

Maybe a pic of baby A would be a better photo to put here?
He loves this Johnny Jump Up!


What are you working on?
I need to cut a couple more nap blankets tomorrow and then start sewing.

~XOP~











2 comments:

Saska said...

Love the Neverland fussy cuts! Very good job. The quilting fits it too.
What pattern are you using for the nap quilts.

Judy in Michigan said...

The quilt is so cute and the label is beautiful - made with your embroidery machine? I like the idea of the same fabric - just perfect. Look for a surprise arriving at your home tomorrow I think.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~