Monday, March 29, 2021

Weekend Happenings

 I got to spend Friday and Saturday with my sweet sister-in-law.  
We went to a couple of quilt shops on Friday and Saturday. 
 I was able to pick up a few things I need for the patterns I will be pattern testing. 
 I was very happy about that!  
I will get pictures later of what I bought.  
I brought her an early birthday gift. 
 She had told me how much she loved a sampler I had made so 
I made the quilt again using different fabrics.  
I completely forgot to get a picture of her with her quilt though, d'oh!  
It will be a BIG birthday for her too (60).  She was so surprised.

I brought my sewing machine and completely forgot to bring the 1/4" foot so no sewing for me! 
 She picked up some fabric for a quilt for a particular person, and since I couldn't sew
 I cut out the quilt for her.
I set up a google spreadsheet for the 2 of us to use 
to put our monthly goals into and a place for yearly goals. 
 I am hoping this helps me stay on track. 
 I did this previously with some other friends and it was a great motivator for me.

On top of all that I also got to meet the newest member of the family, Lincoln Ray Schmidt.  
He made his debut 5 weeks early! 
He seems to be doing well and is home with his parents.
 I had made a quilt for him using some left over blocks from his parent's wedding quilt.  
I had it done right when I had their wedding quilt done. 
 I was just waiting for his birth so I could label it. 
 I was happy to be able to gift it before we leave for NC next week.  





I used a dark gray Minky for the back.  It was really soft.


This is my beautiful niece with Lincoln. 
 I felt very blessed to be able to visit and hold him. 
 Our family had 5 babies born from October to March.  
4 boys and 1 girl. 
 Avery was the first and Lincoln was the last.  
We are so lucky to have so many new additions to the family.  


I can't wait to see all these cousins together this year for Christmas.  

~XOP~







3 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

Yes, you will have your hands full next Christmas!! But so much fun!!

Angei said...

If you are in the High Point/Greensboro area, you need to come and check out Pineapple/Keepsake fabrics warehouse in Archdale. It’s like being in a candy store without the calories.

Angei said...

If you are in the High Point/ Greensboro area on your trip to NC, you need to come and visit Pineapple/Keepsake fabrics warehouse in Archdale (505 Aztec ). It’s like visiting a candy store with the calories. Tons of eye candy in all shades, types and designs. Plenty of pre cuts and kits. Store hours are Tuesday thru Saturday

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~