Thursday, March 18, 2010

Matt's Quilt Top is DONE!!!

I finally received the blocks from Carolyn two days ago. They came all the way from Saskatchewan , Canada!! They had to come a LONG way all the way to Michigan. She is the second Canadian to make blocks for this quilt. PTM is Canadian too even though she lives in MI. Your blocks are awesome, Carolyn, thank you very much!!

Matt's Blocks from Carolyn 01
In addition the lovely Carolyn sent me a beautiful needle case. Thank you again, for your thoughtfulness!!
Needle case from Carolyn
I got the Veteran's quilt back from LTW yesterday and thought you might like to see the quilting on it. Stars and loops, very simple but very appropriate! Thanks, LTW!! Your work is great as usual.
Veteran's quilt up close
So last night I had quilting (no not at the church) with the Canton Area Quilt Guild (our new name). I brought the veteran's quilt to trim (it is ready for the binding now) and then I worked on Matt's quilt. I managed to finish the top!! I am so excited. I will be handing it off to LTW today. I am so pleased at how it came out!! I did put all your names and where you are from on each block that you sent to me because I wanted anyone that saw it to know it was a group effort. I can't thank all of you enough for helping with this quilt. I think it will mean even more to Matt that people he has never met took the time and effort to do this for him! Bless each and every one of you!!
Matt's quilt 01Matt's Quilt 02
I guess I need to get busy making some binding for this now (PTM do you have any 2.5" strips I can use for the binding??) Next up is finishing the sail boat quilt.

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and all is right in Mama Spark's World today = )

9 comments:

~Laurie~ said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Crispy said...

Oh Pam it's WONDERFUL!! Matt is going to be so awestruck when he sees it!!

Crispy

Allie said...

Oh Pam that is spectacular - he's going to love it! I can't wait to see how LTW quilts it. She did a wonderful job on the veteran's quilt!

Needled Mom said...

Oh wow!!!! It is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did a wonderful job!

Denise :) said...

Pam, this is *awesome*!!!! He will love it, I know! Congrats on finishing! :)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great job! Matt will be honored by this quilt :)

Kathy said...

It is wonderful! Matt is going to treasure it.

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

Spectacular quilt! I love the way it radiates from the center star. Beautiful.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~