Monday, March 01, 2010

WHEW...What a day!

I had a crazy busy day today. As I said, I almost forgot to choose a winner! When I came home this is what I saw, my big boy, Mosen, looking out the window waiting for me to get home. I don't take many "artsy" photos but I like how this one came out.
Mosen in window 02
The next thing I did was look at the mail and boy oh boy was it a good mail day! My friend, Kathy, had asked for my mailing address because she wanted to send me something. Now we met when our girls swam together at Michigan State. My DD swam her freshman year and hers swam all 4 years! I made her DD a quilt because she is such a good friend to my DD. So the package arrived today from her and this is what was inside!
State Jacket 02State Jacket close up

Not just one jacket but 2. One for me and one for my DD. What a thoughtful person. Just the kind of pick me up I needed today.

But wait...there's more. I received some more blocks for Matt's quilt in the mail today.
From Sherrill, Laural and
Matt's blocks 016Matt's blocks 017
Kathleen too. Thank you so much!!
Matt's blocks 018
Thanks, ladies!! Laural, if you are reading this, can you email me something to include with your blocks in the way of a note for Matt?

Oh and of course the day would not be complete without a weigh in at WW tonight before an hour of Pilates right? I lost another 1.2 pounds and broke a major milestone in weight loss for me!! I was afraid I was going to have gained but I didn't and I was so happy!!!

So I made dinner for myself, DH had salmon ready to go so made some rice and green beans, YUM. I did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and scrubbed the pots and pans, loaded the dishwasher and sat down to watch 24. Now I will finish this and head off to bed. It has been one long day!

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

LOVE the picture of Mosen! And glad to hear you got the blocks--but mine look AWFUL compared to the others since I didn't trim them. Looks like everyone else did. Oh well, at least they're there!

Laural said...

Uh... What the heck did I do to that corner?! I'll get an email to you. My son wrote a note but I forgot to put it in there :(

All the blocks are really pretty though!!!

Great loss this week!!!!

Quilts and Cats said...

That is such a great photo. You just never know when an oppotunity like that will come along. Muffin and Jelly Bean are in love! You have some great freinds. Lynne

Crispy said...

Great photo Pam and Congrats on the weight milestone!!!!

Crispy

Allie said...

Awww - great pic of Mosen - love the jackets and blocks! And a great big CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!

Anonymous said...

A new, improved and skinny Pam is emerging! Yeey again for you; you're doing so great!
Perhaps C and I need Nemo sweaters...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your mile stone. I am so proud of you. The picture of Mosen would make a wonderful picture on a greeting card. You are amazing.

PTM

Needled Mom said...

Yeah...congratulations on reaching the milestone!!!

The blocks are all looking fabulous.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~