Monday, March 15, 2010

Weight Loss Monday

Why yes, it is time for the official weigh in at the WW meeting tonight. Guess what?? I really was down by 6.4 pounds!!! So I managed to keep it off this week so far. I went to the gym today and worked out for ah hour then went to Pilates for an hour and then I came home to eat. I was starved!! When I got home from work and before I left I let the dog out into the front yard and then I happened to look out the window and this is what I saw.
Sidney and Laxy
The little girl next door was sitting next to Laxy petting her. It was too cute!

I told you I was working on a baby quilt and I thought I would share the blocks with you so here ya go:
Sail Away 001
and these
Sail Away 002
and then the tall ships
Sail Away 003
They surround a BIG ship and I decided that I want to use U of M fabric for the base of that one but I don't have it finished yet. I did realize that the background fabric I was using had directional fish on it. So that meant re-cutting some of the pieces and I suspect I will need to do some more before it is done too. Oh well. I got all this flue fish fabric on clearance so it's OK. I even found some cute sail boat fabric that I can use with the fish for the back too. Good day shopping in the stash!!

Let me know what you think of the boats! I hope you all have a good day too.

11 comments:

Linda Lee said...

Congratulations! Losing weight is the hardest work we ever try to do!

Allie said...

Congrats on being official, lol - I actually rode my bike today twice! OF course, I made a chocolate cake for dessert tonight....might have to ride three times tomorrow.

I LOVE the sailboats. What a great pattern! Good for you on getting everything from stash!

bettyp said...

Good job on the weight loss!!I am in the same boat(ship,haha) as you tring to lose it!!Its slow but sure for me...
good luck to ya!!
BTW,the block are so cute !! I made a baby quilt years ago using the same ship blocks ..

allsewnup said...

Awww what an adorable quilt.

Carolyn

Cathy said...

What a sweet shot of the little girl and your dog. I bet her mama would love a print of it.

The sail boats are cute.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Lovely boats... Geoff's grandmother made the same quilt for baby Max... twelve years ago.
What a sweet sight out your window.

katieD said...

What a star!!!! I managed to put back the miserly 2lbs I lost!!! the quilt is adorable! I made a similar one with boats and planes and made one of the planes 'fly' the wrong way! fortunately everyone loved it so it stayed!!

Crispy said...

The ship quilt is adorable! Congrats on being "official" too :o)

I think Laxy was lovin' the attention LOL.

Crispy

Denise :) said...

Love the ships; short & tall! And kudos from me, too, on the loss!!!

Lynne in Hawaii said...

The ship blocks are very happy looking. I do believe when you finish it there will be lots of smiles result! Love what you have done so far. The picture of your neigbor girl and your dog is a keeper too. Another smile maker. Good therapy that!

Annemiek said...

The ships are just great:shape, colour..it sings about the upcoming summer! Love it!
Don't loose too much or else you'll dissapear *lol*
No kidding: you are doing great keeping it up!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~