Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Well What Do You Know, I Still Have Something To Say

Those of you who know me in real life know I *always* have something to say, LOL. I was somewhere today where it was really quiet and no one was around me and I started thinking about blogging in general. Then I was thinking about my life and how amazing I felt about blogging every day for a month. Why you ask? (or hopefully you asked). Here is my life at the moment, probably not unlike many of your own.

Get up at 5am, drive to work ~ 30 min to arrive around 6:30am. Work all day. Drive home. Go to the gym 4-5 days a week for 30-60 minutes. Come home, shower, dinner, chores, sew if I'm lucky and then blog, read blogs, leave comments and answer comments. Go to bed. Now sometimes I am lucky enough to be able to read blogs, comment and answer comments at my real job but sometimes not.

I LOVE it when people leave comments. Face it we all do. Who doesn't like to know that someone, anyone in this whole wide world finds us and what we do interesting. It affirms us as people, right? So I have a HUGE (and I mean huge) list of blogs that I follow, mostly in Google Reader. Life intrudes and I get behind in my reading, and commenting and answering my own comments. I read and cherish every one of the comments you leave. In fact I am so anxious to hear from you all your comments go to my email which is routed to my phone so I can hear you all the time! I love it. When I get around to reading I always try to leave comments, at least 1 or 2 . Lately I have been trying to catch up. I feel like I am spending a LOT of time reading and not so much time sewing. So I developed a new strategy for this. I will sew when it is light out and blog/read when it is dark out. I don't like to sew in the dark anyway. This is helping me keep my head above water so to speak.

I am planning on taking some photos of my sewing area as it is now and after it is all put away for Christmas, then decorated for Christmas. I'll be super on top of blogs with everything put away right? I hope so. How do you cope with keep up in blogland? As my DD would say, "and the point of the story??" Is that if I don't happen to respond to your comment it isn't because of anything but life getting in the way, OK?

On an entirely different aside, the infamous Madam Samm over at Stash Manicure has invited me to be a guest blogger!! Isn't that exciting?? My post is not until January 19th so you will have to stay tuned. If you haven't done so already, go and check them out. Lots of great tips!
Tell her Mama Spark sent you! And if you have something you would like me to post about leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do!
XOP

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Agree with you that it's great to get comments; and it is so hard to find enough time to sew and blog, but I'm not giving up either of them! And lucky me is retired, so I don't know how those that work (you Pam) do all that you do! I never think anything bad when I don't get many comments, just that people are busy.

Brenda said...

Oh I so have trouble replying to all the comments when I link up to the parties. Sometimes I just do not get around to everyone and I feel bad. I always read them and think about my answer and sometimes as you say life does get in the way. Remind us when your guest post is up!

Crispy said...

Don't worry about not responding to comments. Just focus on those that have a question. We all have problems finding time to actually do some sewing (though you have been very productive lately) and blogging just has to be done when time allows :0)

Crispy

Allie said...

I think I follow around 500 blogs in Google Reader - the ones I comment on all the time are in a special folder in that. But like you say, sometimes you just can't keep up! That's when I take a break. I don't know how you find time to sew and blog with working, don't think I could do that - but I do know how energetic you are! I miss being a type A myself.

SewCalGal said...

I agree with you 100%. I also like to read blogs when it is dark, or when I'm able to spend time liesurely reading with coffee in the morning. And I do read your blog and not always leave a comment, but that doesn't mean I'm not popping by. I've just adopted a speed blog reading approach where I don't always leave a comment (sorry).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Linda in Calif. said...

It is hard to read, blog, respond, work, exercise and sew! Yikes. But I love it. I enjoy your blog and I often do not comment - I often just don't have time. I'll be patiently awaiting your sewing room pictures.

Gari in AL said...

I, too, had to go to reading blogs after dark. I quit sewing around 5, just like when I used to work, and then read blogs while watching TV at night. I don't comment a lot but try to when I have a thought (I don't always have something to say). However, I LOVE getting comments and get excited when I see a new one.

Vickie said...

No worries ever on replying back to my comments....I just enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creations!
Congratulations on Stash Manicure!
How exciting!
I am so sorry I am behind on reading and commenting!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~